The Kangxi Emperor made six southern tours in twenty-four years, in the twenty-third year of Kangxi (1684), the twenty-eighth year (1689), the thirty-eighth year (1699), the forty-second year (1703), the forty-fourth year (1705), and the forty-sixth year (1707). Kangxi's southern tour started from Beijing, from Shandong into Jiangsu, wading through the river to Suzhou, Nanjing, Hangzhou, as far as crossing the Qiantang River to Shaoxing. Kangxi's southern tour is more pragmatic, diligent, but also very simple, his subjects will not forget, when the southern tour, the boat moored in the countryside, and the emperor read under the lamp until midnight without stopping. Kangxi Emperor's first trip to Jiangnan, passing through a number of cities but did not stop, day and night boat more than 360 miles, the accommodation more in the boat night mooring. Secondly, he chose the residence of local officials, temples on the banks of the canals as temporary residence, and seldom built a palace. Kangxi's main purpose of the southern patrol is to inspect the water conservancy and river engineering, not half of the intention to play. On the boat trip, the government has never been deserted, he and in the capital, the same daily routine to deal with Zhangzheng, and write the "southern patrol notes". One of them is a very vivid account of his daily lifestyle: night sitting in the boat, with the minister Gao Shiqi talk about the rise and fall of the signs of the past and present, or read the "Shangshu", "Zuozhuan" and the pre-Qin and two Han texts, or talk about the Zhouyi, or to give a poem, each to the leakage of thirty quarters of the time not tired, the day as a rule.
The Kangxi Emperor's southern tour from beginning to end throughout the purpose of governance, the intention of the search and the style of the great man. Kangxi 23 years (1684) of the first southern tour, in order to win the support of the Jiangnan scholar, Kangxi Emperor on the way to pay homage to the Yu Mausoleum, Confucius Temple, the tomb of the Ming Dynasty, so as to win the support of the Jiangnan scholar and the Ming Dynasty survivors, and achieved certain results. On the first day of November, Kangxi arrived in Jiangning (now Nanjing), early on the second morning, first sent the Cabinet Minister Xierda in the Mausoleum of the Ming Taizu read the text of the sacrifice, and then personally led the Cabinet Ministers, the Ministry of the House of officials, the guards went to the sacrifice of the Ming Taizu. Emperor Kangxi himself greatly respected the Ming Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang, in order to show respect for Zhu Yuanzhang, he walked by the side of the tunnel, and three kneeling and nine kowtowing ceremony to the second door, and in front of the treasure city three wine. At that time, tens of thousands of Jiangning civilians were present, remembering the previous dynasty, and witnessed this scene, all tears of emotion.
In addition, Kangxi put himself in the Forbidden City and summer resort in the study of Western mapping methods are widely used in the field survey of the southern rivers. He used European instruments, formulas, charts and accurate mapping of the Yellow River, Huaihe River, Hongze Lake water level and the surrounding terrain, and personally study the governance methods, applied to engineering practice, and achieved remarkable governance results. In the 44th year of Kangxi (1705), Emperor Kangxi, who loved science, met Mei Wending, a great mathematician of the Qing Dynasty, on his way back from his southern tour, and asked him for advice and discussed mathematical problems with him for three days without any fatigue. Years later, Emperor Kangxi called Mei Wending's grandson, Mei Jucheng, to the capital and taught him Western algebra, which he had studied for many years.
And Qianlong Jiangnan is completely different, it seems that he left Jiangnan is all circulating in the streets and alleys of the legend of the story. He was in the city, the streets, teahouses, green houses, the dashing figure surrounded by countless beautiful southern beauty of the country. His life in Jiangnan was tangled up into a huge and complicated mystery, which triggered a great deal of wild history, novels, operas, movies and TV dramas. The personal life of the Qianlong Emperor and his honorable lineage were all thrown into unprecedented chaos and collapse in Jiangnan. Countless traffickers in popular culture competed to spread the word, so that different faces of him on the silver screen to interpret the bizarre gossip legends and colorful love stories. For a time, Chinese literature and movies were filled with the joys and sorrows of the emperor and his feuds. The silver screen shone with his various figures, and various versions were circulated to the point of boredom. Serious scholars of history have called for a limit on the number of Qing Palace "drama" works, but this still can't stop the Qing Emperor Qianlong in the interpretation of popular culture in the wild outpouring of love affairs. All this was based on folk culture, and the stories of the Qianlong Emperor have been told to the common people since ancient times in the exquisite houses, alleys, and gurgling waters of Jiangnan. Although these stories are disdained by academically oriented historians, they contain the peculiar earthy and vulgar flavors of Jiangnan folklore. Legends such as "Qianlong in Jiangnan indulgence, the Empress of jealousy, threw himself into the water" legend, "the great monk on the way up the mountain to Qianlong fawning, resulting in the great emperor will be rewarded with all the goods, and finally ran naked down the mountain" story, and even "Qianlong adopted the beautiful Jiangnan nun, for her to build a palace in Beijing and Suzhou Street" story, and so on, the list goes on and on. If you must go to test the historical authenticity of these folklore, they will be refuted one by one, but it seems boring.
The Qianlong emperor had six visits in his life, respectively, Qianlong sixteen years (1751), twenty-two years (1757), twenty-seven years (1762), thirty years (1765), forty-five years (1780), forty-nine years (1784). On four of these occasions, he stayed in the private garden of the Chen family in Haining, Zhejiang Province. This aroused the suspicion of the descendants about his birth: Emperor Qianlong visited Haining four times during his six southern tours and stayed in the Chen family each time; what was the relationship between the Chen family and Qianlong? Are the Chen's parents Qianlong's real parents? This question may seem absurd, but in fact there are extensive and complex causes. People on the Qianlong Jiangnan to Haining this question is not empty, it involves the Qing Dynasty, one of the most influential "unsolved cases" - the mystery of Qianlong's life.
The mystery of Qianlong's life is one of the four major mysteries of the Qing dynasty. First of all, his birthplace is in doubt: Haining, Zhejiang Province? Hot River Summer Resort? Beijing Yonghe Palace? This problem in the historiography and folk circulated different versions, and these versions and for people to enjoy. As Qianlong's birthplace is directly related to his birth mother who: Haining, Zhejiang Province, Mrs. Chen? The Jehol woman Li Jia Shi? A Manchurian nobleman named Nuhu Lu? In turn, his birth mother was directly related to his lineage - was he Han Chinese? Or Manchu? Or was he of mixed blood? The mystery of Qianlong's birth became a sensitive political issue for some time after the Xinhai Revolution, as the suspicion was related to his lineage. However, in the eyes of modern people, the dispute between ethnicity and politics has been diluted, and people's attention is more out of enthusiasm for historical evidence or curiosity interest.
In the folk most convinced that the most widely circulated is the late Qing dynasty longevity of the "Manchurian foreign history" in the "Hongli non-Manchurian species" section of Qianlong's life is very subversive statement. According to the book, Qianlong was not born in the summer resort in Jehol nor was born in Beijing Yonghe Palace, but was born in Haining, Zhejiang courtier Chen Shihuang family. In addition, the reason for this claim is convinced that there is physical evidence. Haining Chen family has Qianlong's handwriting inscription of two plaques, one is "love day hall", a "Chunhui Hall". The word "Ai Ri" refers to the son's filial piety to his parents, which is derived from "The Law of Words", "The one who serves his parents and knows that he is not enough to serve them, is his Shun Huo? The one who is not able to serve his parents for a long time is also a filial son who loves the sun. The filial son loves the day." Lamenting that the days of serving his parents cannot last long, he cherishes and loves every day he spends with his parents. "Chunhui" comes from a famous line of the Tang Dynasty poet Meng Jiao: "The thread in the hands of a loving mother, the clothes on the body of a wandering son. The thread in the hands of a loving mother, the clothes on the body of a traveling son. Who says an inch of grass has a heart, but it repays the three spring suns." This verse of "The Song of the Traveling Son" is a true expression of the son's feelings for his mother's kindness. If Qianlong, who inscribed this plaque, was not related to Chen Shihuang, how could he have inscribed a plaque to show his gratitude for the "spring sunshine"? According to the legend, if Qianlong was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Chen Shixie, then he was completely Han Chinese, without a trace of Manchurian blood. That is to say, since the beginning of the Qianlong dynasty, the Qing dynasty was actually a Han dynasty. Therefore, this statement is indeed highly subversive. In addition to longevity of the "Manchurian history", the early 20th century, the famous history writer Cai Dongfan also adheres to this argument, Cai's in its "Qing History" mentioned: Nuhu Lu's, initially for the Prince Consort of Yong, the actual birth of a girl, and the Haining Chen's son, was born in the same year, same month, the same day. Niu Hu Lu's fear of the birth of a girl, can not get the Prince of Yong's heart, pretending to give birth to a boy, bribe family members, will Chen's boy carried into the residence, the girls born out of their own change. Chen did not dare to disobey, but also dare not publicize, only will be wrong, even if the rest, after the 1925 publication of Xu Xiaotian's "13 Dynasties of the Qing dynasty," also said: Prince Bao is what? Is Niu Hu Lu Queen from Chen Shixie home for the son, named Hong Li, the book said, Qianlong later learned from the mouth of the breastfeeding mother of his own life, then the following Jiangnan supervise the river in the name of Haining, Zhejiang Province, to see the old man and wife of the Chen Court, but at that time the two old man has passed away, Qianlong in order to repay his parents for their kindness, but only to the Chen's couples of the tomb of the salute, salute around the yellow mantle to cover up. This plot is also interpreted in the novel "Book Sword and Enmity". The storyline of The Book of Swords and Enmity written by the famous Hong Kong writer Jin Yong has ups and downs, and the biggest suspense in the book is the mystery of Qianlong's birth. Qianlong dynasty's largest anti-Qing and Ming dynasty gangs will be the general helmsman of the Red Flower Club Yu Wanting involved in the dangers of sneaking into the Forbidden City, will be Qianlong's mother, Mrs. Chen Shixie's handwritten letter to the Qianlong, the letter detailed in the year in the Yong Wang Fu dropped the bag of the passage, said Qianlong's left femur has a piece of Zhu mark. Qianlong Emperor was shocked, and hastened to ask since childhood to raise their own nurse Liao, only to know his own life.
Originally, the Kangxi fifty years on August 13, the fourth son of Yunzhen's side consort Nuhu Lu's born a daughter, soon heard that the minister Chen Shixing's wife on the same day of production, the order will be carried into the House to watch the child. How do you know that the carry in is a son, carry out is a daughter. Chen Shixiang knew that the fourth prince had dropped the bag, and under great horror, did not dare to leak out a word. However, this story has been falsified by various facts, it is a completely false rumor. First of all, the historian Meng Sen did test: Haining Chen family does have "love day hall" and "Chunhui Hall" two imperial plaques, is also true for the praise of parental kindness and the title, but were the thirty-ninth year of the Kangxi (1700) and the fifty-second year of the Kangxi (1713), the Chen family in the imperial court. ) Chen family in the imperial court in the reading scholar Chen Yuanlong, Chen Bangyan asked the Kangxi Emperor to write the inscription after the reward of his parents. The legendary father of Qianlong Chen Shixie, also recorded in the Qing Palace archives: Qianlong six years (1741), Chen Shixie promoted to the Cabinet of the University Secretary, because of the drafting of the oracle error by the Qianlong reprimanded "less talented and incompetent, really incompetent". He was then dismissed from his post. If Qianlong did not know that he mercilessly taunted the Chen Shihuang is his own father, then he knew the inside story, six to Jiangnan, four to Haining, living in the Chen family garden, should be staged "to report parental kindness, the tomb salute" scene. But this did not happen, Qianlong to Haining only one purpose, according to his own words is "Haining to what? Want to see the shape of the sea pond", that is, to inspect the huge cost of construction of the Qiantang River pond project.
From the twenty-fifth year of Qianlong (1760), the Qiantang River tide northward trend, Haining around the tidal letter emergency. Once the dike around Haining was washed away, the neighboring Suzhou, Hangzhou, Jiaxing, Huzhou, the country's most affluent areas will be flooded by seawater and become a swampy country. Emperor Qianlong from the "sea pond for the first security in Vietnam" realization, four times to Haining to personally check the tide barrier fish scale stone ponds, in order to ensure that nothing is wrong. The topography and soil quality of Haining's shoreline were very unsatisfactory, making construction very difficult. Officials responsible for the construction of the sea ponds disagreed on specific measures and there were many disagreements. Therefore, the Qianlong Emperor had to personally inspect the site and make decisions on key parts of the construction of the sea pond. In the end, under the close attention and huge investment of the Qianlong Emperor, solid and reliable fish scale stone ponds were built around Haining, firmly resisting the tides and preserving the lives, houses and land of the local people. Fish scale stone pond all with neat rectangular stone dingshun on the iterative, bottom-up base. Between each piece of stone with glutinous rice paste against masonry, and then iron curium buckle mortise and tenon, the level of fish scales, and add to help the soil pier pond. Its backwater is thickened with ground congestion, and the formation of ground weir, the project is huge. Chinese history, successive kings have attached great importance to the construction of the sea pond. Most of the existing ponds for the Qing Dynasty repair, because from the longitudinal view of the shape of fish scales, it is called "fish scale stone pond". To this day, after more than two hundred years of seawater, Haining Stone Pond still plays an important role.
When Haining was a remote county, the Chen Family Garden was the only decent house in the area, so Qianlong went to Haining four times to live there. Emperor Qianlong also gave the Chen family garden the name "Anlan Garden" to encourage the will of the water. After Qianlong returned to Beijing, he built a replica of the Anlan Garden in Yuanmingyuan, and also wrote a piece of "Anlan Garden", hoping that the people would be far away from the suffering of the flooding of rivers, lakes and seas, which made the Chen's Anlan Garden in Haining even more famous among the people. Haining Chen's Anlan Park is located in the northwest corner of Yanguan Town, it has a very long history, in the Song, Ming and Qing dynasties are one of the famous gardens in Jiangnan. In the Southern Song Dynasty, it was the former garden of Wang Hang, the king of Anhua County (the ancestor of Wang Guowei). In the middle of the Ming Dynasty, Chen Yixiang (Chen Yuanlong's great-grandfather), the young secretary of the Taishang Temple, the garden went through the Yuan Dynasty's desertion, there are still ponds, slopes and some century-old trees. Chen and Xiang will be in accordance with the original shape of the garden and rebuilt, rebuilt the bamboo hall, the Moon Pavilion, Liu Xiang Pavilion, Zi Zhi Building, Jin Bo Bridge and other pavilions and pavilions. Chen and Xiang number "Corn Yang", in the garden after the completion of the restoration of the name "Corn Garden", while the folk are commonly known as "Chen Garden". To the Qianlong Dynasty, the garden passed on to the Qing Dynasty Wen Yuan Ge University Professor Chen Yuan Long, Chen Yuan Long in the Corner of the former site of the garden again expanded, covering an area of more than 60 acres, and a large number of planting of flowers, plants and bamboo, employing skilled craftsmen to renovate and improve the hope that their own old age to return to their hometowns can be here in the twilight of their lives. At the age of eighty-two, Chen Yuanlong finally begged off his hometown as a university professor, the heart of the first wish, so the "corner of the garden" renamed "Suichu Garden". This garden has deep pools, quiet woods and simple houses, preserving the characteristics of Ming Dynasty gardens. To Chen Yuanlong's son, Chen Bangzhi, it is once again expanded the garden, covering an area of 100 acres, including nearly 40 pavilions, reaching full bloom.
The Qing Dynasty literati Shen Sanbai in the "Six Memoirs of a Floating Life" in this garden is highly respected: tour Chen's Anlan Garden, the land occupies 100 acres, heavy buildings and pavilions, the corridor; pool is very wide, the bridge for the six-curve shape; stone full of vines, chiseling traces of the full cover; thousands of chapters of the ancient wood, all have the potential to reach the sky; the bird cries and the flowers fall, such as into the deep mountains. This artificial and natural. I have experienced the Pingdi fake stone garden pavilion, this is the first.
In the Ming and Qing Dynasties, Anlan Park and Nanjing Zhan Yuan, Suzhou Lion Grove, Hangzhou, Hangzhou, a small sky garden and known as the four famous gardens in Jiangnan. The Qianlong Emperor also said bluntly, bi bi Chen family garden because "like its structure to the best", and the garden scenery is pleasant, in the garden can be heard in the tide of the sea, so the Qianlong Emperor every time he visited Haining to stay in this garden, lingering. This has become the main reason why Qianlong is rumored to be the descendant of the Chen family.
Jiangnan Palace, Emperor Qianlong did leave some confusing historical questions in Jiangnan, he has lived in the house is called "Palace", and those places that Emperor Qianlong will visit every time, became a monument, which preserves the traces of history, and become the tangible carrier of folklore. They preserve traces of history and become the tangible carriers of folklore. In fact, these places carry the real history, not so many ups and downs. Qianlong had six trips to the south of the Yangtze River, he certainly had the count of touring the mountains and playing in the water, but the main purpose is still to inspect the flooding in the south of the Yangtze River. The Dragon King Temple and the Rainbow Drinking Mountain are both Jiangnan palaces where Emperor Qianlong stayed more often. The Dragon King Temple was built by Kangxi, and Qianlong visited it five times. The Rainbow Drinking Mountain House was the private residence of Xu Shiyuan, and Qianlong visited it six times. But none of these places seem to have caused much of a stir.
The most typical representative of the water-related palaces is the Suqian Dragon King Temple on the banks of the Grand Canal at the northern end of Jiangsu Province. Dragon King Temple is located in Suqian twenty kilometers northwest of the ancient town of Soap River, adjacent to the Grand Canal, which since ancient times is the Yellow River and Canal flooding disaster area, known as the flood corridor. In the late Yuan and early Ming dynasties, a "Cao Tang Temple" was built here. It is said that during the Kangxi years, due to the frequent floods here, the presiding officer of the Cao Tang Temple ran around to raise money to provide relief to the local victims, and was loved by the neighbors and townspeople. Twenty-third year of the Kangxi Emperor (1684), the Kangxi Emperor's southern inspection, the royal boat moored here, coincidentally, the monk's one hundred and forty-first birthday. Emperor Kangxi wrote a birthday couplet for him: "A reunion of thirty-seven years, the ancient and rare double degree of a load of spring and fall." This is to commend his righteous deeds over the years. At the same time, in order to pray for the people's safety from floods, Emperor Kangxi decided to build a "Dragon King Temple of Anlan" on this site, enshrining the statues of King Yu, the Dragon King of the East China Sea, and the gods of the five lakes and the four seas. After the completion of the temple, the scale of the temple is grand and majestic, with a strict layout and a clear axis. The whole is rectangular with double walls. Seventeen main buildings are built on the central axis in turn, the pagoda, pavilions, halls are clear, staggered, brilliant. The temple in the sky trees are covered, adding to the deeper meaning. Dragon King Temple complex is divided into six major parts. The southernmost for the ancient theater, the square hanging "play Pingcheng" gold-plated plaque, the upper and lower doors hanging "Yangchun", "white snow" gold plaque each one. The playhouse is mainly used for the annual temple fair and the Qing emperor driving when the theater used. 1976 playhouse was demolished, now only the stone foundation. Ancient theater to the north, for the green brick paved wide square. On both sides of the square there are two six-foot-high wooden god pole, god pole on both sides of the corresponding "river clear", "the sea is calm" pagoda. Emperor Qianlong stayed at Longwang Temple, are from the "River Qing", "Haiyan" pagoda door in and out. The north side of the square is the gate, also known as the Hall of Zen. Zen Hall on both sides of the door, placed two Qing dynasty in the early period of the royal stone lions, male lions weighing tons, female lions weighing tons. The shape of the stone lions for the front feet upright, the back feet coiled, head high and chest, strong and powerful. Years later, the Qianlong Emperor also arrived here from the Grand Canal downstream, five of his six southern patrols in this Temple of the Dragon King, stayed, and built pavilions and monuments, money to repair. Dragon King Temple of the Zen door above the inlaid with the Qianlong Emperor's imperial pen inscription of the "Royal Decree of the Anlan Dragon King Temple" gold-plated plaque and a side of the "Qianlong Imperial Pen" seal.
The Imperial Tablet Pavilion in the Longwang Temple has a hexagonal, heavy-eaved, golden yellow glazed tile roof, with internal and external pavilion pillars, which is dignified, resembling the crowns and hats of the Qing royal family members, and has the unique royal nobility. Pavilion in the imperial monument is about four meters high, the front of the monument is engraved with the imperial inscription, the main content of the temple built by Kang Xi the original cause and through. The back of the stele is engraved with a poem by Qianlong. Qianlong in the twenty-second year of Qianlong (1757), twenty-seven years (1762), thirty years (1765), forty-five years (1780), forty-nine years (1784) **** five times to stay here, each time to leave the imperial poetry, before and after the completion of this monument over a period of forty-eight years. The poem expresses the Qianlong Emperor's worries about the country's affairs at that time: the Northwest border rebellion, Jiangnan flooding, the displacement of the people ...... It seems that the lifelong self-appointed Emperor of the Qing Dynasty in this temple next to the canal to pour all the troubles here. Dragon King Temple, the main hall enshrines the four great vajra sitting statue, respectively, holding a sword, umbrella, pipa, python, symbolizing the "wind and rain," the statue of the realistic shape, known as the fine art of Buddhist art. Qianlong's bedchamber in the central axis of the Dragon King Temple at the northern end of the Yuwang Hall, a meter-high Sumeru Terrace is located more than 20 meters high luxury hall, the hall is divided into the upper and lower two floors, covering an area of three hundred and sixty square meters. The courtyard in front of the hall is planted with cypresses, persimmons, tung trees, tsubaki, acacia, and poplar trees, meaning "a hundred generations of the same spring" and "a hundred generations of Huai Yang", symbolizing the prosperity of the Qing dynasty for generations. By the Yongzheng, Qianlong, Jiaqing emperors of the restoration and expansion, Longwang Temple formed now covers an area of thirty-six acres, around the red wall, three nine into the northern palace-style complex.
Yangzhou Tianning Temple was built in the Eastern Jin Dynasty, rumored to be the villa of the famous Xie An, and then by his son Xie Yan Sikong please allow the house for the temple, the name of Xie Sikong Temple. Wu Zhou witnessed the first year (695 years) was changed to witness the Sheng Temple, the Northern Song Dynasty, Song Huizong gave the name "Tianning Zen Temple". It was rebuilt in Hongwu year of Ming Dynasty, and repaired repeatedly in Zhengtong, Tianshun, Chenghua and Jiajing. In the Qing Dynasty, it was listed as the first of the eight ancient temples in Yangzhou. Kangxi visited Yangzhou five times during his six southern tours, and two of them visited Tianning Temple. Before Emperor Qianlong's second southern tour, he built a palace, an imperial garden and an imperial dock in the west of the temple, and an imperial book building, Wenhui Pavilion, was built in the imperial garden.
The dinghy along the stream painting paddle light, deer park Zhongpan have more than clear. In front of the door, there is a strip of Gan Gan water, which often contains the feelings of ten thousand years. As the oldest Buddhist temple in Yangzhou, Tianning Temple is not only the palace of Kangxi and Qianlong's southern tour, but also the place where Cao Yin was commissioned to set up a bureau to publish and carve the "All-Tang Dynasty Poetry", and compile and repair the "Peiwen Rhyme House". Tianning Temple houses a large collection of cultural relics from the Han, Tang and Qing dynasties. Its collections are of great research value along with its own architecture and history.
The ancient town of Mudu is home to the Rainbow Drinking Mountain House, another famous palace of Emperor Qianlong in Jiangnan. It was built on the bank of Xiangxi River, a tributary of the Canal Xujiang River, with an imperial pier and an imperial monument pavilion in front of the door. In the spring of the 16th year of Qianlong (1751), Emperor Qianlong made his first southern tour and disembarked his boat at this pier, which was renamed as the Imperial Pier from then on. Xu Shiyuan, the owner of the Rainbow Drinking Mountain House, was a scholar who had failed to pass the imperial examination. He was from a wealthy family and loved freedom by nature, so he did not care about fame and took pleasure in the life of an idle cloud and a wild crane. Whenever friends come to visit him, he and his friends in their own garden poetry, poetry, wine and song. Xu Shiyuan had a very large capacity for alcohol, and he could drink until his glass was dry, and he never got drunk from a thousand bottles. Friends of the "rainbow drink", the "rainbow drink mountain room" thus named.
Qianlong is also one of Xu Shiyuan's friends, so he went down to Jiangnan, each time to bi bi in this rainbow drink mountain room, Xu Shiyuan accompanied Qianlong here to play chess, tea, theater. Qianlong's ministers Liu Yong, Heshen and Ji Xiaolan also stayed here several times. This is why the people have always called the Rainbow Drinking House "Qianlong's Palace". The garden of the Hongyan Mountain House is called "Xiuyeyuan", and in the middle of the garden is a flower hall, in which there is a nine-dragon-golden chair, which was used by Emperor Kangxi when he visited Lingyan Mountain during his southern tour, and which was carved from thousand-year-old rosewood. Qianlong loved this dragon chair left by his grandfather and moved it from Lingyan Mountain Palace to Hongyan Mountain House. The layout of the Hongyinshanfang's welcoming hall is very strict and heavy, with the foyer and buildings such as the Dancers' Hall and the theater arranged from south to north. Xu Shiyuan specially built a tall and spacious stage for use before Qianlong's first trip to Jiangnan. Eventually, the stage achieved the desired effect: Emperor Qianlong watched the excitement, and personally climbed on the stage and danced with swords.
Cao Xueqin, the author of Dream of Red Mansions, has a long history with the Kangxi Emperor. Cao Xi was highly valued by the Kangxi Emperor, Kangxi two years (1663), the Kangxi Emperor personally authorized Cao Xi Jiangning weaving, given Cao Xi python clothes, plus the first rank, but also wrote for him "Jing Shen" plaque and imperial poetry. Cao Xi inaugurated Jiangning weaver, large-scale remodeling of the residence. He sent people to plant trees in the yard, building houses. And built a pavilion called "Neem Pavilion" as a reading place, and wrote a poem: I heard that under the Neem Pavilion, there are many trees. The book scrolls embrace a hundred cities, and Shangyou chants to himself.
Cao Xi's wife, Sun, was the nanny of the Kangxi Emperor when he was young. Cao Xi's son Cao Yin served as Kangxi's companion (another said to be the imperial guards). In the 23rd year of the Kangxi Emperor's reign (1684), Cao Xi died in his position as a weaver in Jiangning, and Kang Xi went to Jiangning to mourn his death, ordered Cao Yin to stay in his homeland to mourn for his father, and appointed him to succeed his father's career and manage the Jiangning Weaving Department. In the 29th year of the Kangxi period (1690), Cao Yin was appointed as a weaver in Suzhou. In 1692, Cao Yin was formally transferred to the Jiangning Weaving Department. In 1699, when Kangxi visited Jiangning on his third tour, he met Sun (Sun was not Cao Yin's mother; Cao Yin's birth mother was Cao Xi's other wife, Gu) and gave him a plaque that reads, "Xuanruitang". Chen Kangqi's "Lang Qian Ji Wen San Pen" in this recorded:
Kangxi Jin Mao summer April, on the south tour harness, bi bi in Jiangning weaving Cao Yin's office, Cao Shi received the national grace, and the pro ministers of the ranks of the ministers. I have a mother Sun's visit, on the see, color happy, and labor said: "This is my family old man also". The reward was very generous. The daylilies were in full bloom in the courtyard, so the imperial script "Xuanrui Hall" was given to him.
This "Xuanrui Hall" is believed to be Cao Xueqin compiled "Dream of the Red Chamber" in the "Rongxi Hall" prototype. The Kangxi Emperor made six southern tours, except for the first tour in Jiangning General Office, the other five tours were all in Jiangning Weaving Office, in which Cao Yin hosted the reception ceremony in 1699 and later in 1703, 1705 and 1707. In addition, Cao Yin's two daughters were married to princes as consorts.
Cao Xi was Cao Xueqin's great-grandfather, and Cao Yin was his grandfather. In the fifty-first year of the Kangxi period (1712), Cao Yin died of illness, having served as a weaver in Jiangning for twenty-two years, and was based in Jiangning for twenty years. Cao Yin's sons - that is, Cao Xueqin's uncle, Cao Stern and Cao Zi inherited his father's work and succeeded him as Jiangning Weaver for nearly sixty years. Historically, Nanjing's silk weaving industry has always been renowned, the Three Kingdoms Eastern Wu, Eastern Jin Dynasty, and the Southern Dynasties, have been in Jiankang (now Nanjing City) set up a Jin Department (Weaving Department). In the Qing Dynasty, the silk weaving industry in Jiangning inherited the excellent tradition, and the silk products of Jiangning Weaving Department - Jinling Yunjin were only for the use of emperors and ministers of the princes, and highly monopolized the market of clothing luxury goods at that time. Jiangning Weaving Department is a large-scale, *** there are three workshops: one in the Xihua Gate, one in the Changfu Street bridge, one in the Bei'anmen Tartar City (i.e., the Ming Imperial City). Jiangning Weaving Department has more than 30,000 looms, male and female weavers more than 50,000, related industries to solve the local population employment of more than 200,000 people, the output value of more than 10 million taels of silver in previous years. Jiangning Weaving Department in the Jinling brocade production scale and process innovation also reached its peak during the Kangxi years. Jinling brocade because of its brilliant as clouds, beautiful as beautiful clouds and named, is China's silk weaving process with excellent artistic tradition, distinctive local characteristics and unique artistic style of brocade. The beginning of silk weaving production in Jinling can be traced back to the Southern Dynasty, while the formation and development of "Yunjin" was in the Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties. Jinling brocade set of successive generations of silk weaving, in the Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties are the royal products.
Jiangning Weaving Department is not only a pivotal light industrial sector in the Qing Dynasty, but also an important political sector in Jiangnan, can directly report to the Qing Government on a variety of information in the southern part of the region, so only the Qing Emperor's close associates and ministers of the Ministry of the Interior can be served, the status of which is second only to the Governor of the Two Rivers, so the power is prominent. Not only that, Cao Yin and his brother-in-law Li Xu took turns to be the salt inspector of the two Huaihuai in Yangzhou, and the Cao family was also in charge of the copper production department in Jiangnan, holding monopoly privileges in the above areas. During the sixty years, the Cao family gradually expanded its power and became a significant powerful family in Jiangnan. In the second year of Yongzheng (1724), Cao Xueqin was born in Jiangning Weaving Department, living in the environment of "the prosperous place of flowers and willows, the gentle and rich countryside" since he was a child, and his childhood memories were full of one colorful scene after another of the luxurious life of the family in its heyday, which were rooted in his young mind and turned into a poignant dream of adulthood, which also manifested itself in his dreams. Dream, but also expressed in the "Dream of the Red Chamber" in the flowery scenes of aristocratic life. However, it is not certain that the Jiangning Weaving Department was the prototype of the Grand View Garden in The Dream of the Red Chamber. According to some redologists, the Grand View Garden may have come from the Cao family's Sui-Yuan in Xiaocangshan, Nanjing, or from Prince Gong's Mansion in Liuyin Street, Beijing. Since the remains of Prince Gong's Mansion in Beijing still exist today, redologists who favor this have more evidence. However, the Jiangning Weaving Department is where Cao Xueqin lived for many years, and it must have had an important influence on him as well.
By the time the Qianlong Emperor made his southern tour, the illustrious Cao family was in decline. Qianlong sixteen years (1751), Yin Jishan, Governor of the two rivers in order to meet the Qianlong emperor's southern tour, in Jiangning Weaving Department on the basis of the construction, will be transformed into the Qianlong Palace, now Nanjing, "Daxinggong" name will come from this. The entire palace around the rockery, clear stream through the flow, lush flowers and trees, gurgling water, pavilions and pavilions in the middle of it, there is a green quiet salon, listen to the waterfall Xuan, judge the spring room, Zhongzhong Pavilion, Tower Shadow House, Rainbow Bridge, Fishing Terrace and other scenic spots. After the Grand Palace was unfortunately destroyed by fire. When the Taiping Army occupied Nanjing, the original site on the building of the King's Mansion. After the failure of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom Movement, the King's Mansion was burned down. At the end of the Qing Dynasty, the area of Daxinggong was opened as a road. Now Nanjing City, Nanjing Daxinggong neighborhood is the location of the Qing Dynasty Jiangning Weaving Department, but the Palace itself is no trace.
The Qianlong Emperor visited the Jiangning Weaving Department converted palace, but the mystery of his life and the Cao family has nothing to do, and the surging popular culture and the four stable history but constitutes a strong contrast: on the Qianlong mother of the various legends, the most ridiculous claims from some red enthusiasts, they "test", "Cao Xueqin had a deep love for a woman. Cao Xueqin had a y in love with his girlfriend, the girlfriend accidentally pregnant with Cao Xueqin's child, but was soon elected to the Prince of Yong, Yongzheng's favor, gave birth to Qianlong. Given that Lin Daiyu in Dream of the Red Chamber has always been regarded as Cao Xueqin's girlfriend portrayed with deep love, then this argument that Qianlong's mother is Lin Daiyu. Admittedly, this argument is highly subversive, not only subverting Qing history and literary history, but also bridging the gap between fiction and reality. So why did Qianlong's birth cause such a ripple in Jiangnan? Where exactly was he born? The Qing Historical Manuscripts of the Empress Xiao Sheng Xian (Yongzheng after the throne as Xi Guifei, Qianlong after the throne, plus the honorary title of the Empress Dowager Chong Qing, died posthumously as the Empress Xiao Sheng Xian) is not the birth mother of the Qianlong Emperor?
Kangxi Xinmao Zhao Jianzhuang, the Imperial Father (Qianlong) to be born in this year are blessed with the court. --Jiaqing