Wenzhou Plaza Road Elementary School's school history

Wenzhou city square road elementary school was founded in 1896 (Guangxu 22 years), initially set up in the head of the nine cypress garden, and then moved to the three official temple lane, 1912 on the move to the present site. The main school name had been referred to as a high, a small, oujiang, city a small, five horses, people, red flag, etc., in 1928 began to call the current name, the first hall Dai Danping. When the school was first founded to higher elementary school system, in 1924 for the completion of the primary school, the implementation of the "four two school system". In the 1950s, a five-year system was introduced on a trial basis, and in 1987 the system was resumed, and it was not until 1997 that a six-year system was introduced. The size of the school was 15 classes at most before the founding of the People's Republic of China, and after the founding of the People's Republic of China, it increased to 21 classes, and so far, the school has 55 teaching classes with more than 2,000 students. Nationally renowned literary scholar Zheng Zhenduo, lyricist Xia Chengtao, mathematician Xu Guifang, Gu Chaohao, Lu Shanzhen, academician Li Qihu of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, archaeologist Ye Wansong, swimmer Liu Bichun, poet Mo Luo, writer Go Wujue, dancer Huang Doudou, Sun Shenyi, as well as a large number of professors, chief physicians, specialists and so on, have received their initiation education in this.