Taihe temple, commonly known as "jinluan hall", is located in the forbidden city of the north-south axis of the prominent position, Ming Yongle eighteen years (1420 years) was built, said Fengtian Hall. Jiajing forty-one years (1562) renamed the Imperial Palace. Qing Shunzhi two years (1645) to change the name. Since the completion of the repeated burning, and many times rebuilt, currently seen for the Qing Dynasty Kangxi thirty-four years (1695) after the reconstruction of the form.
Expanded:
Taihe Hall of Harmony has a width of 11 rooms and a depth of 5 rooms, with a floor area of 2,377.00 square meters, and a height of 26.92 meters, together with a platform base of 35.05 meters, which is the largest hall in the Forbidden City. Forbidden City, the largest temple. On the heavy eaves hipped roof, roof ridge ends with 3.40m high, weighing about 4300k ɡ big kiss. Eaves placed 10 beasts, the number of extant ancient buildings for the only seen.
The 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties held grand ceremonies in the Hall of Supreme Harmony, such as the Emperor's ascension to the throne, the Emperor's wedding, the creation of the Empress, and the order to go on a campaign, in addition to the three major festivals of the annual birthday festival, New Year's Day, the winter solstice, the Emperor here to accept the congratulations of the civil and military officials, and give banquets to the royal and military ministers. In the early Qing Dynasty, also held in the Hall of Supreme Harmony of the new scholar of the Palace Examination, Qianlong fifty-four years (1789) began, changed in the Hall of Baohe held, "pass on the skin" is still held in the Hall of Supreme Harmony.