Fuzhou West Lake Park has a history of more than 1,700 years, is the most complete classical garden in Fuzhou, known as the "Pearl of Fujian Gardens", and ranks among the top 36 West Lakes in the country.
According to history, Jin Taikang three years (A.D. 282 years), the county guard Yan Gao built Zicheng chiseled West Lake, attracting the northwest of the water of the mountains injected into this, in order to irrigate the farmland, because of its place in the west of the city wall of the Jin Dynasty, so it is called West Lake. During the Five Dynasties, Min Wang Wang Shenzhi expanded the city and connected the West Lake with the South Lake. His son Yanjun claimed the title of emperor, in the lakeshore pool built Crystal Palace (in today's water off the gate near), building pavilions, platforms, buildings, pavilions, in the king's house and the West Lake and dug between the establishment of a complex, easy to carry the harem tour of the West Lake. West Lake became the royal garden of the Min dynasty. Since then, it has gradually become a tourist area. Song Chunxi years (1174-1189 years), the Southern Song Dynasty, Fuzhou, Fuzhou governor and Fujian Fu Zhao Ruyu on the lake to build Chenglan Pavilion, and the title of the "West Lake in Fuzhou, eight scenic spots": Xianqiao willow color, the sound of the Dream Pine, the battlements of the slanting sun, the crystal moon, the Lotus Pavilion singing the evening, the West Zen Xiaozhong, the lakes of the spring rains, the dawn of the Chenglan warbler.
Throughout the ages, writers and artists have marveled at the beauty of the West Lake, and many of them have left their best essays. Song lyricist Xin Qiji "Hexinlang - three mountains in the rain tour of the West Lake" in the words of praise: "smoke and rain is preferable to clear better, about Xishi not married". Ming Xie Zhaoxiang "West Lake evening pan" praise: "ten miles of willow like silk, the lake is even more strange in the evening". Republic of China in 3 years (1914), Fujian Province, Xu Shiyin opened the West Lake for the park, then the area of only 3.62 hectares. After liberation, West Lake Park has been expanded several times. Set Fuzhou classical garden gardening style, the use of natural landscape features, and to the configuration of native tree species, focusing on poetry and picturesque, "small in the big", so that the West Lake scenery more and more beautiful, known far and wide. Restoration and new attractions are Xianqiao willow color, Ziwei Hall, Kaifa Temple, Wan in the Hall, Changyi Pavilion, "West Lake Beauty", Poetry Gallery, Water Pavilion Pavilion Gallery, Jianhu Pavilion, Lake Tianjiaodu, the lake, the spring rain, the Golden Scale Garden, the ancient battlements of the slanting sun, the Fangqin Garden, the Lotus Pavilion, Gui Zhai, the Joon Lake Monument, Bonsai Park, and so on.
Sightseeing spots
Willow Embankment
Entering the gate, the long embankment lies on the waves, and the weeping willows clip the road. The original embankment was built in 1930 with a width of 8 meters and a length of 139 meters, with a bridge in the middle section, i.e. Xianqiao Bridge. 1985 saw the widening of the embankment to 18 meters, with stone railings along the embankment and planting of weeping willows, peaches and flowering shrubs. In 1994, the bridge was changed into an arch bridge with a width of 10 meters and a length of 36 meters. Several natural lakes and islands in the lake are also connected to the rainbow bridge, step cloud bridge, jade belt bridge.
Kaihua Island
Kaihua Island is the core of the West Lake tour area. To the north of Kaihua Island, across the Jade Belt Bridge is Kiln Point Island, where there are buildings such as the Fujian Museum and the Fine Arts Exhibition Hall. To the west of Kaihua Island, cross the Feihong Bridge to Xieping Island. Xiepingyu Island was originally a children's entertainment park.
Ziwei Hall
In the south of Kaihua Island, it was built in 1914, named after the extensive planting of ziwei around it, and was rebuilt in 1952, with a brick and wooden structure, and is now the park service department.
Kaihwa Temple
Located in the center of Kaihwa Island, the oldest building in the park is said to have been built in the fourth year of the Northern Song Dynasty (1037). During the Ming Jiajing period (1522-1566), the governor Wang Wensheng donated money to rebuild it. Existing buildings for the Qing dynasty Kangxi forty-four years (1705) Governor Jin Shirong reconstruction, in the main hall, after the meditation hall, the two wings of the Department of bells and drums, and the left for the guest house, the right for the abbot's room. Inside the temple, there used to be "eighteen ladies" lychee, which was quite famous. Song Cai Xiang "litchi genealogy" cloud: "Slang rumor that the king of Min Wang's daughter eighteen, well as this product, and therefore named". Today there is still an ancient Lychee in front of the temple. Temple in the red flowers and green willows, blue waves like a mirror in the lake in the center of the island. 1986 after renovation and bonsai area connected to the integrated. The courtyard is planted with rare flowers and trees, flower bonsai, root carvings and so on.
Wanzaitang
On the east of Kaihua Island, it is a memorial hall for poets in Minzhong, which was built by the poet Fu Ruzhou during the Zhengde period of Ming Dynasty (1506-1521). Recruiting poets such as Gao Hunan to live in seclusion. Wan in the hall wooden structure of three pillars, to the name of the poem "Lonely Mountain Wan in the middle of the water" for the name of the hall. A time when the poets gathered, rumored to be a good story. In the forty-first year of the Kangxi period of the Qing Dynasty (1702), it was rebuilt as the Lake Pavilion. Qianlong thirteen years (1748) Huang Ren initiative to rebuild, set up a poetry niche in the hall, as the Fuzhou Poetry Forum fellow poetry gathering place. Later, the hall was destroyed by floods. It was rebuilt in the fourth year of Daoguang (1824). In 1827, Lin Zexu returned home with his father's sorrow, dredged the West Lake, and borrowed the hall as his office; in 1914, after the West Lake was turned into a park, the hall was repaired and refurbished. Since then, there have been elegant gatherings in spring and fall, and celebrities and ink masters have gathered to sing.
The Changing Pavilion
The Changing Pavilion is located in the southeast of Kaihua Island, which was built in the 5th Dynasty. According to the legend, King Yanjun of the Min Dynasty changed his clothes and rested in this pavilion every time he traveled with his queen, Jinfeng, and the palace egrets on the boat to the lake.
Leaving Pavilion Evening Singing
One of the old eight scenic spots. On the west bank of the lake at the foot of Da Meng Mountain. In ancient times, Da Meng Mountain, one side of the mountain, surrounded by water on three sides, across the lake there is a long embankment, from the south to the north, from the Mei Ting store, straight to the Wanan Bridge (near the Hongshan Bridge), the Department of the North Beijing stagecoach road. The east and west sides of the dike are planted with lotus flowers, and the lotus pavilion is built in the prominent area of the dike. The pavilion faces the lake on three sides and has a wide view, with peaches and willows planted around the pool, cool breeze on summer nights and fragrance of lotus, which made the pavilion a place for tasting tea and enjoying lotus and listening to music in ancient times. In ancient times, there was Huanghua Pavilion to the north of the pavilion and Yingen Pavilion to the east of the pavilion, which were the pavilions for receiving imperial envoys. Daoguang ten years (1830) Lin Zexu remodeling Lotus Pavilion, the pavilion north of the Huanghua Pavilion converted into Li Gang Ancestral Hall. The existing four-square lotus pavilion, for the Qing Dynasty buildings.
Gui Zhai
Gui Zhai anti-smoking pavilion in the northwest side of the Lotus Pavilion, backed by the "big dream of the sound of the pine", adjacent to the "Lotus Pavilion evening singing", the north and the "lake spring rain" looking at the east can be seen and the "bridge of the immortal willow color". Lin Zexu built Li Gang Ancestral Hall, three rafters in the Ancestral Hall, planted two laurel, take the name of Li Gang's residence in Fuzhou in his later years, said "Gui Zhai". Guangxu thirty-one years (1905) renamed "Lin Wenzhong Gong reading place", and then built a room next to the lent and anti-smoking pavilion, seal script stone carving "Lin Zexu reading place" embedded in the wall. 1985, in commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the birth of Lin Zexu, rebuilt Gui Zhai, moved to read in the back of the lent.
Dameng Mountain scenic area
Dameng Mountain scenic area is now identified as "a band of three scenic spots twelve attractions" landscape structure. Da Meng Mountain Scenic Area "band" that is the lakeshore excursion belt, by the transformation of Hutou Street; "three scenic spots" is the three scenic spots of the West Lake "Da Meng Pine", "Lotus Pavilion Evening Singing", the West Lake Academy composed of landscape area; "twelve attractions" around the three scenic spots composed of the Lotus Pavilion, Gui Zhai, Pingzhang Pond (the original Fuzhou Zoo mandarin ducks Pond), the West Lake Society (the above belongs to the "Lotus Pavilion Evening Singing" scenic spot); the back of the pool, the West Lake Academy, the Ink Pond (the original Swan Lake), Xiongshi Pond (the original Swan Lake), the West Lake Academy, the West Lake Pond (the original Swan Lake), the West Lake Pond, the West Lake Pond, the West Lake Pond, the West Lake Pond, the West Lake Pond, the West Lake Pond (the former Swan Lake). Swan Lake), Xiong Bing Bridge (above is the "West Lake Academy" scenic area); Chess Interest Platform (Chess Interest Square), Song Tao Pavilion, Mengshan Pavilion, Song Tao charm (above is the "Dream Pine" scenic area) Da Meng Mountain scenic area has been rebuilt.
Featured landscape
Walking path around the lake
Fuzhou West Lake Park Walking path around the lake from the south of the corridor bridge rhyme points, along the lakeshore road along the north side of the green space to the Fujian Hall, outside the picket walkway form to the west of the Lake Walking Path Lake Hotel, along with its walk along the West Lake Fuzhou West Lake Walking Path green space width of about 25 meters to the north, by the North Lake Island to the Zuo Hai Park.
Walking path around the West Lake to the south through the Fangqinyuan to the Fujian Museum (including the "battlements of the sun" and "Golden Scale Court" two attractions), along the south side of the Museum green space to the west to the Hutou Walking Street, along with its south through the "Lotus Pavilion Evening Singing" attractions, around the West Lake for a week and then back to the Gallery Rhyme attractions.
For the convenience of visitors to the park, the West Lake Walking Path is planned to set up along the way six main entrances and a number of convenient entrances, the main entrances are: the entrance to West Lake South, the entrance to the West Lake victory, the entrance to the West Lake Hotel, the entrance to the Zuo Hai, the entrance to the head of the lake street and the entrance to the "Lotus Pavilion Evening Singing".
In addition, according to the pedestrian entrance and the main landscape distribution of the original West Lake layout of 11 landscape nodes, respectively: the rhyme of the corridor bridge, the South Entrance, the West Lake, landscape picket, the West Lake beauty, the North Lake Island, the Garden, the battlements of the slanting sun, the Golden Scale Garden, the head of the lake, the Pavilion of Lotus Evening Singing.
Small West Lake Plaza
Small West Lake Plaza is located in the northeast corner of the West Lake Park next to the Lakeside Road, near the West Lake Hotel. Small West Lake Square is an excellent place to view the West Lake, looking west in the square, the West Lake beautiful view. At the same time, the square is also the main place for people to relax and work out. The day just dawn, the neighborhood residents to the park in an endless stream of morning exercise; during the day, the elderly sitting around the stone table playing chess, playing cards, chatting, happy; summer night, to the lake people walking, enjoying the breeze of the cool; a corner of the park, there are with the beat of the music dancing people, a day of fatigue thrown into the clouds.
Fujian Museum
Fujian Museum Fujian Museum is located on the shore of West Lake in Fuzhou, is the largest cultural infrastructure ever in Fujian, by the main museum, comprehensive museum, nature museums, parks and other buildings, as well as the battlements of the slanting sun, the golden scales of the small garden and other landscapes. Its Fujian residential style modeling, decorative style of marine culture, as well as fully embodies the "stone culture" characteristics of the material, through the overall layout of the building and the grand appearance of the perfect unity, overflowing with a strong local cultural flavor. Fujian Museum is a public welfare cultural institution. Is a collection of history, cultural relics and archaeology, natural specimen research as one of the provincial-level comprehensive museum, is the province's collection of cultural relics, publicity and education and scientific research center. Within the display design, heritage conservation, publicity and education, business exchanges, archaeology, nature, art, security and administration and other institutions. The collection of cultural relics, natural specimens and other nearly 200,000 pieces, of which more than 6,000 pieces of national precious relics. Holding displays and exhibitions and improving social education are the central work of the museum. At present, the museum has 15 fixed or temporary exhibition halls with an area of 12,000 square meters. Now has launched the "light of ancient civilization in Fujian", "Fujian modern wind and clouds", "ancient export porcelain in Fujian", "craft collection of treasures", "Fujian Opera Spectacular", "the world of dinosaurs", "animals", as well as "collection of Chinese calligraphy and painting exhibition" and other displays, comprehensive and systematic demonstration of the achievements of cultural development in Fujian. It opens a window to promote outstanding culture. in early 2008, Fujian Museum opened to the public for free.
Mysterious statue
Mysterious statue of Fuzhou West Lake Park Wan in front of the hall stands a statue of the ancients, from the clothing can be presumed to statue prototype should be a person of the Tang or Song Dynasty, but because of its body and the surrounding did not have any text description, its identity was once a mystery. 2008 June after the media reports, Fuzhou, the public has quoted the identity of the statue of the ancients hot debate.
The author of this statue is called Gao Jinwang, the early 1980s, when he was a teacher in Fuzhou City School of Arts and Crafts, the city received the task of placing a statue in the West Lake Park." At that time, there was a lot of controversy over who the statue in front of the hall was to be modeled after." Gao Lao recalled that at that time, the relevant departments of the statue requirements is the image of a literati, in order to match the history of Wan in the Hall." Initially set to Li Bai as the prototype, and then someone else took into account his connection with Fuzhou is not deep, put forward Xin Qiji, Li Zang two programs, because they have been to Fuzhou, are also famous literati." After several debates, the finalized plan was to fuse the images of the three to produce a statue representing the poet, "with a facial expression closer to Li Bai, wearing Ming Dynasty literati clothes and a hat that looks like it is from the Song Dynasty."
Gao Lao said, they spent nearly two months that year, the use of fake stone raw materials to produce this statue more than 2 meters high. 20 years past, he had time to West Lake Park to see this statue, "I can not imagine that until now, there are still so many people concerned about it."
West Lake Academy
Tongzhi twelve years (1873), Min Governor Wang Kaitai in Fuzhou West Lake next to the old site of the academy set up "to use the hall" a, re-repair the old West Lake Academy (site near the old site of the Fuzhou Zoo), set up a spacious house, and built the "thirteen books plum blossom bookstore". Tongzhi thirteen years, renamed ZhiYuShuYuan, take "learning to use" and "through the use of" meaning, specializing in history, history, ancient literature, hired Lin Shoutu for the head of the mountain.
The academy recruited the province's lift, tribute, students, supervisors, so that they become a "bright body and use of talent". In addition to the annual February by the Governor, Governor personally held screening test, the rest of the month course are presided over by the head of the mountain. The initial admission of 10 within the course, each cream silver 4 two; outside the course of 20, each cream silver 3 two; attached to the course without a quota, all do not give the cream.
In the Guangxu years, the academy moved to the Wushishan Fan ancestral hall (Fan Chengmu ancestral hall) near the left. The academy is built on the mountain, the foundation of the courtyard is relatively high, from the lower level through the stone steps dozens of steps before reaching the gate. In front of the lecture hall, high and spacious, for the academy is not as good as. But there is no schoolhouse, only a few study rooms and a library. The backyard has a few buildings, is the head of the residence. The left side of the open space is relatively large, planted a lot of plum trees, the back of the house, is the "thirteen books of the plum blossom study", there is the head of the Xiezhangceng compiled couplets: "the green mountain is my home, the old trees do not forget the world spring".
The academy from its inception to its closure, the head of the mountain only Lin Shoutu, Zheng Shikong and Xie Zhangcheng 3 people. The academy cultivated many talents, such as the study of economics and literature of Huang Zeng, the study of history of Zhang Hengjia (the first supervisor of the Peking University Hall). Guangxu thirty-one years (1905) abolished the imperial examinations, the academy was changed to Quan Min Normal School simple section (now the predecessor of Fujian Normal University).
Wish to adopt