What are the eight scenic spots in Zengcheng?

[Eight Scenes of Zengcheng]

1

[Xiaolou Xianyuan] He Xiangu Family Temple is located in Xiaolou Town, 9 kilometers away from Licheng Town, Zengcheng. It is called the former residence of He Sunu. The temple was first built in the Dali period of the Tang Dynasty. It was rebuilt in the 18th year of Wanli period in the Ming Dynasty (1590) and a pavilion was built to commemorate it. It was rebuilt in the eighth year of Xianfeng reign of the Qing Dynasty (1858). The main hall of the family temple is dedicated to the camphorwood statue of He Xiangu. There is a relief of the Eight Immortals on the left wall, and there is a ceiling well on the right side, named "Xiangu Well". Xiangu Well has a diameter of 1 meter and a depth of more than 10 meters. The water is pure and sweet.

[Xianyuan Wonderful Scenery] There is a mountain behind the Xiangu Temple, named "Guanyin Mountain". There is a cave on the mountain called "Huangyan Cave", also known as "Fairy Cave". Climbing the cave allows you to enjoy the surrounding pastoral scenery. What is more peculiar is that on the tile ridge on the right side of the main hall of the temple, a peach tree has grown since unknown time. This peach tree has no soil at its roots and only relies on some dust accumulated on the tiles to grow. Moreover, no one has ever watered or fertilized it. Today, the diameter of the trunk is about 3 cm, the height of the tree is 1 meter, and the crown covers 4 square meters. In the past 10 years, it has been blooming and bearing fruit every year, with as many as 10 and as few as 5-6. People call it "Fairy Peach".

[He Xiangu], whose original name is He Sunu, is from Xiangui Village, Xiaolou Town, Zengcheng. Born in the Kaiyao period of Tang Dynasty (681-682). Legend has it that she committed suicide by throwing herself into a well because she was dissatisfied with her parents' arranged marriage. However, her body was not found, but she left a pair of shoes by the well. Not long ago, a Taoist priest from Luofu Mountain came to Zengcheng to tell her parents that the plain girl had attained Taoism and became an immortal. The story of a simple girl becoming an immortal spread from Zengcheng to Guangzhou, and the governor of Guangzhou reported it to the imperial court. The emperor then awarded her a set of "Zhaoxia Clothes" and engraved a stele to commemorate it (this stele still exists today). In order to commemorate He Sunu, later generations built the "He Xiangu Family Temple" at the site of her former residence. After He Xiangu attained enlightenment and became an immortal, the He family's villagers built a temple to worship her from generation to generation. The temple is not big, but the incense is very strong. Devotees from home and abroad come here from thousands of miles to offer incense.

[Panlong Ancient Vine] 400 meters north of the Xiangu Family Temple, there is a huge ancient vine, which the locals call "Xian Teng". Because its shape resembles a rolling and flying dragon, people also euphemistically call it "Panlong Ancient Vine". According to the investigation by forestry experts, the ancient rattan belongs to the family Papilionaceae, and its scientific name is "white-flowered fish rattan". It is a rare plant in my country. The vines are more than a thousand years old. The ancient rattan trunk has a diameter of 80 centimeters, an extended span of more than 30 meters, and a coverage area of ??more than 400 square meters. It rises from the ground, clinging to an old banyan tree, hugging and clinging to each other, just like a giant dragon playing with a phoenix, which is breathtaking.

2

Traces of the Ancient Sea] is located on a hill near the Xintang Port Pier. It is a rock cave formed by the changes in ancient sea and land. It is one of the eight new scenic spots in Zengcheng, named "Remains of the Ancient Sea". This area was a beach area in ancient times. After many vicissitudes, it formed an alluvial plain. The rocks on the original island in the sea (the hill where the sea cave is now) left many traces of being washed by the waves. One of the rocks was washed into a tunnel. It is called "Sea Cave" (locally called "Stone Alley"). The cave is 20 meters long, about 2.5 meters wide and high, and can accommodate more than a hundred people. There is a long and narrow crack on the top of the cave, which allows one to peek into the sky. This is the largest sea cave known so far along the coast of mainland my country. It was formed in the hills composed of red sandstone and conglomerate in the Late Cretaceous about 70 million years ago. It is an important evidence of sea and land changes. It has high scientific and historical research value. Connected to the entrance of the sea cave is a rock that is higher and larger than the entrance of the cave. There is a stone platform under the rock, like a temple. People used this natural platform to build a temple called "Yiyan Temple" (also known as "Tianhou Temple"). "). The temple and the cave are connected and interconnected. Visitors come and go between them, which has a special interest. There is also a pavilion on the hill behind the temple called "Yiting Pavilion". Climbing up to the pavilion, you can have a panoramic view of the vast Dongjiang Plain.

3

[Gaotan Hot Water] is located in Paitan Town, Zengcheng, under the towering Shizi Ridge and surrounded by mountains. ***There are five hot spring wells, large and small, that emit hot springs all year round, forming a line. The daily water inflow from a single well in the hot spring exceeds 1,000 tons, and the temperature is as high as over 80 degrees. Experts have identified that the water contains hydrogen sulfide and a variety of active trace elements that are beneficial to human health. It has high medical value and is good for skin diseases. It has a good therapeutic effect on many diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, gynecological diseases, etc.

[Gaotan Hot Spring Tourist Area] Gaotan Hot Spring Tourist Area happens to be at the southern foot of Nankun Mountain, a famous nature reserve in Guangdong Province. Its surrounding environment is also fresh and magical: the Dafengmen Reservoir in the north is a wide lake with rippling blue waves; the Shishi Ridge in the south is like a lion dancing happily; the waterfall in the west falls from the cliff into the deep valley; the Niugu Cockroach in the east is Zengcheng The highest peak of the mountain is surrounded by clouds and mist all year round, and the peaks are strangely steep. The surrounding scenery and the artificial landscape of the hot spring blend into one. Now, Gaotan Hot Spring Tourist Area has become a diversified paradise that integrates treatment, health care, tourism, accommodation, catering, entertainment and leisure.

4

[Zhengguo Buddha Rock] Zhengguo Buddha Temple is located in Zhengguo Town, 17 kilometers northeast of Licheng Town, Zengcheng. It is also known as Binfo Temple and is commonly known as Cowboy Buddha. It was built in the third year of Qingyuan of the Southern Song Dynasty (1197). It was rebuilt in the Ming and Qing dynasties. The Buddhist temple is built on the mountain, with a construction area of ??750 square meters. It is an ancient building with three bays and three entrances, a raised beam style, a hard top and a resting top. The front is the Shanmen and the Heavenly King's Hall; the middle is the Mahavira Hall; and the back is the Bingong Buddha Hall. Inside the temple, the carved beams and painted buildings, wood carvings, brick carvings and reliefs are all very characteristic of Lingnan architecture; outside the temple, there is a Qing Dynasty stone archway made of granite.

5

[Baihua Cliff Shadow] Baihua Villa Resort is located at Baihualin Reservoir, 3 kilometers west of Licheng City. The planned area is 27.27 square kilometers, and the central scenic area is 7.76 square kilometers. The area is surrounded by mountains, lush trees, gurgling streams, and the fragrance of fruits and lychees. The Song Dynasty cliff carvings "Hundred Flowers and Cliff Shadows", one of the eight scenic spots in Zengcheng, are dotted among them, giving it a rich natural scenery of the countryside. With the theme of reflecting the local cultural connotation, 9 functional areas including the Xianjia Cultural Tourist Area, the Buddhist Cultural Tourist Area, the Forest Hunting Area, the Baiyuan Garden Tourist Area, and the Conference and Training Area, and more than 50 tourist attractions have been built to form a resort and leisure resort. It is a tourist resort integrating entertainment, hunting, sports and religious worship. Baihua Villa Resort has built Lizhilou Hotel, luxury villas, Juyinglou Hotel, and China Hotel Staff Resort. It has more than 100 guest rooms and can accommodate more than 200 people. There are more than 30 supporting facilities in the area including various conference rooms, restaurants, dance halls and nightclubs, fitness centers, tennis courts, swimming pools, bowling, golf driving ranges, water parks, etc.

6

[Fengtai Sightseeing] Fenghuang Mountain, formerly known as Chungang, is located in the old city of Licheng City. According to legend, one day in the seventh year of Xining in the Northern Song Dynasty (1074), a pair of phoenixes hovered over the spring hillock, and then rested in the woods on the hillside, and left after a long time. People thought this was an auspicious sign, so they renamed Chungang Fenghuang Mountain and built Fenghuang Pavilion to commemorate it. In the first year of Baotai in the Southern Song Dynasty (1225), Emperor Lizong personally wrote the word "Jupo" to the famous official Cui Yu (a native of Zengcheng, who lived in Fenghuang Mountain). After Cui's death, the Fenghuang Pavilion was renamed Jupo Pavilion. Since then, Phoenix Mountain has become a tourist attraction for poets and poets of all dynasties to recite poems and compose poems. In the 27th year of the Republic of China, the Japanese army invaded Zengcheng and the Jupo Pavilion on Fenghuang Mountain was destroyed. After the founding of the People's Republic of China, the Zengcheng County People's Government rebuilt the Phoenix Pavilion, and allocated funds for many times to repair the Phoenix Mountain tourist attraction and add cultural, educational and entertainment facilities. Today, the scenic area contains the Municipal Workers' Cultural Palace, Home of Veteran Cadres, Radio and Television University, Library, Museum, Youth Palace, Song and Dance Hall, Exhibition Room, TV Video Room, Open-Air Theater, Children's Playground, etc., becoming a cultural park in the downtown area. .

[Wanshou Temple] Wanshou Temple, formerly known as Fakong Temple, is located at the southern foot of Fenghuang Mountain in Licheng Town, Zengcheng, now in the Workers' Cultural Palace. The year of its founding is unknown. During the Jiayou period of the Northern Song Dynasty (1056-1063), Fakong Temple was renamed Wanshou Temple. First, the Tathagata Buddha was enshrined, and then a statue of Bin Gong Buddha was installed to enshrine it together. At the end of the Yuan Dynasty, it was destroyed by war. It was rebuilt in the 18th year of Hongwu in the Ming Dynasty (1385). In the second year of Daoguang reign of the Qing Dynasty (1822), three granite stones (each 70x70 cm) were inlaid on the mountain gate of the temple, and the three characters "Wanshou Temple" were engraved on it. These three stone carvings are now in Zengcheng Museum. There is only one relatively complete Mahavira Hall left, which is built on a 60-centimeter-high platform in the temple, with four steps paved in the front. The entire hall is square, with a width and depth of 11.8 meters.

The main features of the hall are: there is no nail or iron in the whole building, and the construction technology of lifting beam wooden structure and bucket arch support is adopted. The beams and arch supports are interspersed and pulled and pulled with each other, forming a particularly stable earthquake-proof frame network, giving People feel bright and beautiful. In 1960, the Guangdong Provincial Cultural Bureau allocated funds for a comprehensive renovation of the hall.

7

[West Garden Gualv] is located in Gualv Garden in Gualv Plaza, Gualu Road, Licheng City. Zengcheng Gualv is a lychee fruit tree that is more than 300 years old. Because it was planted outside the west gate of the ancient county, and because the fruit shell is surrounded by green lines, it is called "West Garden Gualv". "Gualv" fruit has crystal flesh and unique flavor, but its output is small, which makes it even more precious. It was already one of the "Eight Scenic Spots of Zengcheng" in the Qing Dynasty. After the founding of the People's Republic of China, the county people's government listed it as a key protected cultural relic and assigned dedicated personnel to manage it. Leisure and tourism service facilities such as Gualv Hotel and Gualv Plaza have been built in the Xiyuan area. Green space and flower gardens have been built around the ancient trees, making the scenery more pleasant.

[Green lychee] is a rare and unique variety unique to Zengcheng. "Guangdong Xinyu" in the early Qing Dynasty said that "the green ones are red and green, either on the shoulders or on the abdomen" and "crisp like a pear, with no slurry. If you remove the shell and hold it, it will not change for three days." Cui Bi's "Zhenbianbian" records that "the green sapei from Zengcheng is the first type of lychee. The protrusion on one side of the pedicle is slightly higher, which is called the dragon head, and the protrusion on the other side is slightly lower, which is called the dragon's tail. When ripe, it is red and purple, and one is green. The line runs straight through to the bottom, hence the name." The authentic one is the hanging green in the West Garden, which has been listed as a tribute since Emperor Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty. The "Zengcheng County Chronicle" written by Xuantong of the Qing Dynasty said that "hanging green is a kind of hanging green. Recently, the one in the West Garden outside the west gate of the county is the most valuable, and its value is more than ten times that of others." The ancient lychee tree in Xiyuan is more than 300 years old, and 620 second- and third-generation new trees have been bred from its branches, which are widely planted in Zengcheng. The one that survives today is a new tree that sprouted from the base of the tree and was rescued by technicians when the old tree died in 1979. After being cultivated, it has become a large tree that has been bearing fruit for 6 years. The fruit has nearly flat tortoise shells, with sharp peaks or sparse thin and pointed protrusions, and cracks and seams are obvious all along the line; the pulp is milky white, crystal clear, contains less water, and has a crisp texture with a rock sugar flavor and sweetness. Slightly fragrant. The green flesh is especially crispy, sweet and slightly fragrant, and of excellent quality. It is one of the best varieties of lychees and the fruit is more durable for storage. But the yield is lower and the core is slightly larger.

[Legend of hanging green] Among the many varieties of lychees, Zengcheng hanging green is a treasure among lychees. There is a legend among the people: During the Kaiyao period of the Tang Dynasty, He Sunu, a native of Zengcheng, received enlightenment from an immortal and became an immortal. From then on, there was a He Xiangu among the Eight Immortals. He Xiangu often misses her hometown, especially the intoxicating lychee fruit in her hometown. She often returns to her hometown and walks in the lychee garden. Once, she was nostalgic for the beautiful scenery of the Lychee Garden in the West Garden and sat on a tree spinning ribbons. When leaving, he left a green silk thread on the tree. The green silk thread floated around the lychee fruit, so there was a green trace on the lychee fruit.

8

[Yanta Changhong] is located on the top of Zhishan Mountain to the north of the Yanta Bridge on the Guangzhou-Shantou Highway in Licheng Town, Zengcheng City. It was founded by Hu Tinglan (Jinshi), a native of the city, in the second year of Wanli in the Ming Dynasty (1574). . The architectural design of Yan Pagoda is meticulous and exquisite, and it is entirely made of red stone. The tower is 32 meters high, with 7 floors on the outside and 3 floors on the inside. The tower body is octagonal. There are windows on each floor and flat seats. You can overlook the scenery in all directions when you climb the tower. Zhishan, where the Wild Goose Pagoda is now located, has been built into the Wild Goose Pagoda Park, with roads and pavilions along the mountain. Visitors can enjoy a panoramic view of the surrounding scenery of Licheng by climbing the mountain or climbing the tower. In 1991, it was rated as one of the eight new scenic spots in Zengcheng.