In the past six months, Lotte Group has not had a good time. First, it was involved in Park Geun-hye's "cronyism" incident last year, which led to scandals such as the president's corruption investigation and the death of the vice president by suicide; and then its golf course was spotted by South Korea's Ministry of National Defense, which ultimately agreed to supply land for the SAD under the government's soft and tough approach. The government finally agreed to provide land for "SAD" under both soft and hard pressure. Now, Lotte has come to a more difficult time than two years ago because of the "nationality door" incident and encountered a national boycott - however, to the SAD open arms Lotte, I am afraid there is no turning back can go.
Sad "nod"
According to the South Korean Ministry of National Defense released on Monday afternoon, the South Korean Ministry of National Defense received a notification from the Lotte Group, said the Lotte Group Board of Directors decided to agree to the transfer of its Seongju Golf Course at a meeting on Monday, which means that the Lotte Group agreed to provide the final deployment site for the SAD system to the South Korea and the United States. which means that Lotte agreed to give South Korea and the United States the final deployment site for the SAD anti-missile system.
South Korea's Defense Ministry also said it expects to sign a land exchange agreement with Lotte Group on Tuesday, providing Lotte with state-owned land equivalent in value to the 960,000-square-meter site of the Seongju Golf Course in exchange for the site. For this purpose, the land valuation of the Seongju Golf Course and the South Yangju Military Land was completed in January. According to previous projections, the land value of the Seongju course amounted to 100 billion won.
As South Korea's neighbors, China and Russia firmly oppose the deployment plan. At a regular press conference on the 27th, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang responded to the matter, saying that China expresses its firm opposition and strong dissatisfaction. Geng Shuang said that the United States and South Korea to promote the deployment of the SAD anti-missile system in South Korea, seriously undermined the regional strategic balance, serious damage to the strategic security interests of the countries concerned in the region, including China, and is not conducive to the maintenance of peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula.