Introduction to Zhengzhou (Writing Essay)

Sights and Monuments of Zhengzhou

City God Temple In Zhengzhou City, north of Shangcheng Road. Built in the early years of the Ming Dynasty, Hongzhi fourteen years (1501) remodeling, followed by repeated repairs. Buildings are covered with glazed tiles, four flying eaves, exquisite modeling, compact structure. Le Lou up to 15 meters high, hermitage-style double building, the ridge relief dragon several, there are phoenix flying, lotus, lion accompaniment. Temple stone tablets a lot, including Ming Zhang Daju cursive stone tablets "Fuzhan", "Shouzhan" two passes, the handwriting is strong and upright. The former monument height 180 centimeters, 82 centimeters wide, about 21 centimeters thick; the latter monument height 181 centimeters, 80 centimeters wide, 21 centimeters thick.

Su Shi book Ouyang Xiu "Drunken Master Pavilion Records" stone carving in Zhengzhou City Museum. Northern Song Dynasty Yuanyou six years (1091) Su Shi knew Yingzhou, at the request of Kaifeng Liu Jisun, in real, running, cursive and both written in the script of the Drunken Master Pavilion scroll, the end of the scroll, Zhao Mengfu, Song Guang, Shen Zhou, Wu Kuan and others trekking end of the praise and narration. In the fall of the fifth year of the Longqing period of the Ming dynasty (1571), Liu patrol invited Wen Peng and Wu Yingjie to make a double-hooked stone for the scroll, which was erected in the ancestral hall of the Liu family in Yanling county. Original ink. At that time for the high arch, and soon for zhang juzheng all, zhang was copied, was not in the palace, and then burned.

Ching Kangxi thirty-one years (1692), Gao Gong's nephew's great-grandson Gao Youwen because of the original engraving wear and tear, out of his home collection of topography re-engraving, standing in Xinzheng County, Gao's ancestral hall. The skill of the carving is not inferior to that of the Yanling stone carvings. Yanling stone carving has been lost, Xinzheng stone carving in 1959 moved to Zhengzhou City Museum, the establishment of a gallery, properly preserved. Stone carvings *** divided into 18 pieces, each 60 centimeters long and 40 centimeters wide or so; followed by six pieces of stone carvings about 40 centimeters wide and 60-90 centimeters long, is Zhao Mengfu, Shen Zhou, Gao Gong and other people's inscriptions.

Site of Shang Dynasty In Zhengzhou city. Covering an area of 25 square kilometers, it was discovered in the fall of 1959. 1955 saw the discovery of another city wall in the middle of the site with a circumference of nearly 7 kilometers, a pre-Shang Dynasty site that predates the Yin ruins in Anyang and was one of the important capitals of the Shang Dynasty. A large number of house foundations, cellars, wells, trenches, tombs and other remains, as well as relics such as copper, stone, bone, clam, jade, pottery, primitive porcelain and a small number of knife-carved bones and pottery symbols have been excavated here. Outside the northern and southern walls of the city are the sites of handicraft workshops for smelting and casting bronzes, outside the western wall are the sites of handicraft workshops for firing pottery, and outside the northern wall are the sites of blowing industry workshops for grinding bones. In the northeastern part of the city, there is a large area of rammed-earth pedestal with stone pillar bases, which is likely to be the site of a palace. Outside the western city wall on Sheling Street and the southeast corner of the city wall, a large number of bronze vessels were unearthed, including square tripods, round tripods, zun, wine containers and goblets, which are the essence of Shang Dynasty cultural relics.

Bronze Pot with Beast-face Pattern and Bull's Head

Bronze Zun with Beast-face Pattern and Bull's Head

Bronze Square Tripod with Beast-face Pattern

Duling Square Tripod Unearthed in 1974 at Zhangzhai South Street, south section of Duling Gang, it is 100 centimeters in height and weighs 86.4 kilograms.

Dahe Village Site 1 kilometer southwest of Dahe Village in the northern suburb of Zhengzhou City, 12 kilometers from the city. discovered in the fall of 1964. It covers an area of about 300,000 square meters. 11 excavations were carried out from 1972 to 1980, and a large number of tombs, ash pits, house foundations and other remains and relics were found. It is a Neolithic site including Yangshao and Longshan cultures. There are mainly housing remains, and 28 house foundations have been unearthed, with different ages and structures. According to the carbon isotope determination, the foundations are about 5000 years old and belong to the late Neolithic Yangshao Culture. A large number of pottery in a unique style of double-linking pots, red ceramic black color, white colored pottery unearthed in large quantities, bright colors, patterns and motifs are diverse, for the village of the river a feature of colored pottery. The colored pottery pieces are painted with various astronomical images, such as sun pattern, moon pattern, constellation pattern and so on. A large number of agricultural tools, such as stone axes, shovels, knives, sickles and mussel knives, etc., the discovery of sorghum, corn and lotus seeds, etc., indicating that agriculture was the main production practice and source of life.

Color pottery bowl, unearthed in 1972.

Dahecun type colored pottery bottle, unearthed in Dahecun.

Ji Hongchang's Tomb In the western suburb of Zhengzhou City Martyrs' Mausoleum. Ji Hongchang (1895-1934), a native of Lutan Town, Fugou County, joined the Chinese ****anese Communist Party in 1934. He was arrested in Tianjin on November 9 of the same year, and was killed in Peking on the 24th. He was buried in the garden of Hongchang School in Lvtan Town, and in 1974, he was buried in the Martyrs' Mausoleum in Zhengzhou.

Jigongmiao Jigongmiao Village, 26 kilometers northwest of Zhengzhou City. It is more than 300 meters southwest of Han Xingyang City. Jixin was a general of Liu Bang. In the third year of Gaozu's reign (204 BC), Xiang Yu trapped Liu Bang in Xingyang, and Jixin pretended to be Liu Bang to deceive Chu, so that Liu Bang was able to escape to Chenggao (present-day Bishui Town, northwest of Xingyang). Xiang Yu was furious and burned Ji Xin. Later on, a temple was built in the southwest of Xingyang for Jixin. The temple no longer exists, but there are more than 30 monuments in the original site which were rebuilt after the Tang Dynasty and which glorify Jixin. Among them, the most precious one is the one written by calligrapher Lu Zangyu in 702, the second year of Chang'an in the Tang Dynasty. The height of the stele is 2.27 meters, and its forehead is written with six characters of "Han Zhonglie Ji Gong Bei", while the body of the stele is written in clerical script. After the temple has Ji cemetery, 7.5 meters high, around 125 meters. Climbing to the top of the mound can overlook the ancient battlefield scenery.

Huayuankou 17 kilometers north of Zhengzhou City, close to the south bank of the Yellow River. In the Song Dynasty, a gate was built here to control the water, and then it gradually became a village called Guijiazhuang. Xu Mou, a minister of the Ming Ministry of Justice, built a garden here, with a circumference of more than 540 acres. After the river moved south, the village and the garden was swallowed by the river, became the Yellow River crossing, the name of the garden mouth. 1938 June, the Japanese invasion army invaded Kaifeng, approaching Zhengzhou, the Kuomintang army in the Yellow River embankment, so that the east of Henan, Anhui, northern Jiangsu Province, thousands of miles of wilderness into deserted yellow floodplain. 1947 March will be blocked back to the mouth of the river flow back to the old way.

Gu Xing iron smelting site 20 kilometers northwest of Zhengzhou City. The site covers an area of 120,000 square meters, and was partially excavated in 1965 and 1975. Found two large ironmaking blast furnace, furnace tank was oval, furnace wall, furnace base are with black-brown refractory soil rammed and become, before the furnace, furnace side of the smelting frame wood remains. Recovered, the blast furnace in more than 6 meters, with a volume of 50 cubic meters, surrounded by ore piles, wells, pools, refining slag area, and so on, and preheating air ducts, is a complete smelting operation system. Near the blast furnace unearthed a large number of complete sets of casting molds and finished iron products, most of which have the "River One" inscription, and the products are mainly production tools. The site dates from the middle of the Western Han Dynasty to the Eastern Han Dynasty. The excavation materials proved that it was an official smelting and casting joint workshop.

Yuanwu Wenmu Wang Mural Tomb Southeast of Waya Sun Village, Twenty Mile Shop, Zhengzhou City. It is the eighth grandson of Ming Taizu. Tomb in the ground at 7 meters below, for a sitting north to south of the brick coupon tomb, the front of the tomb room has a tall doorway, two stone door can be opened and closed. The tomb is 6 meters long, 5 meters wide and 3 meters high, with a robber hole at the top of the back wall of the tomb. Inside the tomb, there are four pieces of epitaphs, all of which are 72 centimeters square, indicating that the tomb is the joint tomb of the former King Wuwenmu and his first wife, Mrs. Zhang. The tomb is covered with colorful murals, with Sakyamuni Buddha painted in the center of the back wall, and protected by birds, unicorns and elephants on both sides. The east and west walls are painted with portraits of emperors and princesses, their relatives, attendants, bodhisattvas, bhikkhus, as well as pavilions and various musical instruments. The top of the tomb painted sun, moon and stars, cloudy, cranes dance. 1953 tomb above the new protection room, epitaphs set in the interior wall, the chamber built a 20-meter-long tunnel, 46 levels to reach the bottom of the tomb.

Gongyi

Grotto Temple In Gongyi City, about 8 kilometers northeast of the Dali Mountain. It was built in 517, the second year of Xiping of Northern Wei Dynasty. East and West Wei, Northern Qi, Sui, Tang and Northern Song Dynasty, successively in this cave statues. Existing 5 caves, 256 niches, 7743 Buddha statues and dozens of inscriptions. Inside the door of the first cave, two sides are carved with "the emperor and the queen salute Buddha", and the other three walls are carved with Buddha statues and Buddhist stories. The other three walls are carved with Buddha statues and Buddhist stories. The foot of the wall is carved with gods and kings, monsters and kabuki people. "emperor and queen salute buddha figure" is divided into three layers of six groups, each layer of bhikkhu and bhikkhuni for the lead, after the emperor, the empress and attendants, the front and back, reflecting the religious activities of the royal family. For China's existing bas-relief in a more complete masterpiece.

Positive niche Buddha - Grotto Temple Cave No. 1 center column positive niche Buddha, is a typical representative of the late Northern Wei Buddha.

Relief Ritual Buddha Figure Partial - Cave Temple Cave No. 3, the south wall of the western side of the ritual Buddha Figure Partial, for the Queen's ritual procession.

Du Fu's hometown 1 kilometer east of the old city of Gongyi City, South Kilowan. It is located at the back of Penjia Mountain, in front of a vast fertile field, where Dongsi River is injected into Luoshui. The famous Tang poet Du Fu (712-770) was born in a brick kiln under the Penjia Mountain. Du Fu's great-grandfather, Du Yiye, was the magistrate of Gong County, and his grandfather, Du Shenyan, was a poet in the early Tang Dynasty, and Du Fu spent his teenage years here.

(1962)

Du Fu's Tomb is located on the Mangling Mountain west of Kangdian Village, Kangdian Township, about 6 kilometers northwest of the old city of Gongyi. The graveyard is situated in the north and south, with three earthen mounds side by side in the east and west, the tomb of Du Fu in the west, the tomb of his eldest son Zongwen and the tomb of his second son Zongwu to the east in that order. The tomb mound is in the shape of a dipper, about 10 meters high, with a circumference of about 72 meters. In the fifth year of the Tang Dynasty (770), Du Fu fell ill and died on his way to Xiangjiang River in Hunan Province (one says he died in Leiyang). It was only in 813 that his grandson, Du Siye, moved the tomb to the present site. It is said that Du Fu was buried at the foot of Shouyang Mountain in Yanshi, Henan Province, and there is Du Fu's tomb at the foot of Shouyang Mountain today. There are also Du Fu's tombs in Leiyang and Pingjiang in Hunan province.

Tieshenggou iron smelting site 29 kilometers southwest of the old city of Gongyi. Tiesheng ditch village surrounded by mountains, rich in mineral deposits, the south side of a larger Western Han iron smelting site, east-west length of about 180 meters, north-south width of 120 meters, a total of **** 21,600 square meters. On the cliffs around the site, a lot of refining slag, ore end, burnt earth and black ash are exposed. On the north and south hills near the smelting site, the remains of a Han Dynasty mining site were found. There are mining wells and lanes in Luohansi Temple, 3 kilometers southwest of the smelting site, and Luoquan and Beizhuang in the northwest of the site.During the excavation in 1958-1959, 18 smelting furnaces were dug out in an area of 2,000 square meters. The unearthed coal blocks, coal cakes and cinders show that coal was used to smelt iron during the Western Han Dynasty in China. Especially after the metallographic analysis of the unearthed iron, found that the Western Han Dynasty has been ductile cast iron.

Song Mausoleum In Gongyi City, Xicun, Zhitian, Xiaoyi, back to Guozhen neighborhood. Northern Song Dynasty 9 emperors, in addition to Hui, Qin two emperors were captured by the Jin died in captivity outside the desert, are buried here. Qiandeyuan year (963) Zhao Hongyin, father of the great-grandfather Zhao Kuangyin's mausoleum from Kaifeng southeast to Gong, *** for seven emperors and eight mausoleums, with the burial of more than 20 empresses. Accompanying the burial of the royal family and princes and ministers, such as Kou Zhun, Bao Zheng and other tombs more than 300, forming a huge mausoleum group. Mangling undulating, a magnificent sight.

The eight mausoleums are: Yongan Mausoleum, Zhao Kuangyin's father, Zhao Hongyin's mausoleum; Yongchang Mausoleum, Zhao Kuangyin's mausoleum; Yongxi Mausoleum, Zhao Guangyi's mausoleum; Yongding Mausoleum, Zhao Heng's mausoleum of the True Emperor; Yongzhaoling Mausoleum, Zhaozhen's mausoleum of the Renzong; Yong Houling Mausoleum, Zhao Shu's mausoleum of the Yingzong; Yongyuling Mausoleum, Zhao Xu's mausoleum of the God's Emperor; Yongtaoling Mausoleum, Zhao's mausoleum of the Zhezong. The mausoleum establishment is basically the same, all have a larger mausoleum platform. The mausoleum is surrounded by a sacred wall, the four corners of the corner of the corner tower, the four walls in the middle of the door, east, west and north of the three gods have a pair of carved lions outside the door, the South God outside the door on both sides of the God Road is arranged with the majestic stone carvings group.

Song Taizong Yongxi mausoleum stone carvings - stone lookout column (not counting the column base) is more than 6 meters high, the civil and military ministers are more than 4 meters high, elephants, horses, and other bodies are more than 2.6 meters high.

Song Zhenzong Yongding mausoleum stone carving - is currently the mausoleum in the most well-preserved one. Stone lookout column (not counting the seat height) is 5.7 meters high, Wenwu giant statue body height of 3.7-3.8 meters.

Snowflake Cave is 29 kilometers southeast of the old city of Gongyi City in Xinzhong Township, Laomiao Village, Songshan Mountain, under the incense burner peak. It is the most amazing and marvelous cave among more than 20 natural caves here. It is called Snowflake Cave because the stone wall inside the cave is crystal clear and the stone forest is as white as snow. The cave is more than 600 meters long and about 13 meters high, with an area of more than 4000 square meters, consisting of 6 natural caves of different sizes. The welcoming hall can accommodate 200-300 people. Outside the cave, there are also Du Fu's former residence, the Northern Song imperial mausoleum, cliff statues and stone carvings, grotto temples and other places of interest.

Huangye Tang Sancai Kiln Ruins In Gongyi City, southwest of the old city of big and small Huangye Village. The local hills are undulating, surrounded by ravines, and the terraces on both sides of the ditch banks are full of kiln sites where "Tang Three-colored" kilns are burned. Gongyi City is not only one of the main production of "Tang three colors", and the porcelain industry was also quite prosperous.

Xinzheng City

The Old City of Zheng and Han is located at the confluence of the Scott River (anciently known as the River Weidi) and the Huangshui River near the city of Xinzheng. During the Spring and Autumn Period and the Warring States Period, it was the seat of the capitals of the state of Zheng and the state of Korea, so it was called the Imperial City of Zheng and Han. Han was destroyed by Qin in 230 BC. Zheng and Han built their capitals here for more than 500 years. The former city was extremely irregular in plan, with a circumference of 19 kilometers. Most of the city walls still exist, the highest point reaches 18 meters. There is a small city in the middle of the west city, which should be the palace city at that time. In the east city, there are all kinds of handicraft workshop sites. The site of copper casting workshop covers an area of more than 100,000 square meters, the site of bone-making workshop covers an area of 7,000 square meters, and the site of iron casting workshop in the Warring States period covers an area of 40,000 square meters. An iron smelting furnace and two baking kilns were cleared here, and a large number of ironware and pottery models were unearthed, in addition to the ruins of pottery and jade-making workshops. There is also a Warring States weapons pit in the eastern city, where more than 180 pieces of copper weapons were unearthed, most of them with inscriptions. Six cemeteries were found inside and outside the city, and a number of bronze and jade artifacts were unearthed.

Peiligang Site About 8 kilometers northwest of Xinzheng City. The site is southwest of the Scott River, east of Pei Ligang village, about 2 meters above the surrounding ground, an area of about 20,000 square meters. 1977-1979, there were three excavations, found a large number of tombs, ash pits and other remains and relics. This is an early Neolithic site. Stone tools include finely ground grinding wheels, grinding sticks, shovels, sickles, axes and chisels. Shovels were mostly made in the shape of soles, with rounded curved edges at the top and bottom. The sickle is similar to today's sickle, and the blade is serrated. These are other Neolithic sites in China are not seen or rare. The pottery is mostly red, handmade, with low fire, and the surface is polished. The shapes of the vessels include spherical small-mouthed amphora, three-legged body, three-legged pot and tripod, bowl, basin, bowl, spoon and so on. According to carbon 14 determination, has been about 8000 years ago.

Ouyang Xiu Ancestral Tomb 14 kilometers west of Xinzheng City, Ouyang Temple Village. Ouyang Xiu (1007-1072) was a native of Luling (present-day Ji'an, Jiangxi Province). He was a writer and historian of the Northern Song Dynasty. Tomb mound tall, cypress surrounded. In front of the tomb, there are the Ming and Qing dynasties to rebuild the ancestral hall and stone people, stone beasts, etc., next to the ancestral hall set up the "Song master Ouyang Wenzhong Gong Ancestral Tomb" monument, the ancestral tomb surrounded by a red wall. There is also a temple nearby.

The Mausoleum of the Later Zhou Emperor 18 kilometers north of Xinzheng City in Guodian Village. It includes Songling, Qingling, Shunling and Yiling. Songling Mausoleum is the tomb of Guo Wei, the ancestor of the Later Zhou Dynasty, Qingling Mausoleum is the tomb of Chai Rong, the Shunling Mausoleum is the tomb of Chai Zongxun, the Emperor of Gong, and Yiling Mausoleum is the tomb of Fu, the Empress of the Later Zhou Dynasty. In front of the mausoleum, there are more than 40 stone monuments of the Ming and Qing dynasties. The tomb mounds all have sealing soil and are about 20 meters high. According to historical records, the great-grandfather Guo Wei dying had told Chai Rong, mausoleum seek frugality, do not use stone pillars, stone people, stone beasts, do not repair the lower palace. This is consistent with the current state of the mausoleum.

Xuan Yuan hometown in Xinzheng City, North Pass. It is the birthplace of Emperor Xuanyuan Huangdi. According to the historical record? The five emperors of the book, "the yellow emperor, the son of the lesser canon, surnamed Gongsun, the name is Xuanyuan." Ancestors of the Chinese nation. Existing Ming Dynasty rebuilt, the Qing Dynasty rebuilt Xuanyuan Ancestral Temple. Ancestral temple sitting in the north to the south, before the gate, after the main hall, the yard on both sides is the hall, the main hall in the center of the Yellow Emperor statue, the left hall molded mother of Rayon statue, the right hall molded mother of ugly women statue. 12 kilometers southwest of the county, legend has it that the Yellow Emperor was active here in his infancy, and now there are still Tianshou Palace, ShaoDian Ancestral Hall, Rayon mother, ugly woman and other ancestral sites. Southwest of the county's Gutz Mountains, the main peak of the wind after the top, is the yellow emperor's adult period of activity of the main place. The mountain is characterized by abrupt peaks and beautiful scenery. Existing Huangdi Ancestral Hall, Huangdi Summer Palace, the Royal Garden, the Yousheng Palace, Li Mu Feng and other temple monuments. Among them, the Huangdi Ancestral Hall is the most majestic, the Regulus Temple Hall is the most peculiar, the terrain of the Medical Palace is the most treacherous, and the environment of the Yousheng Palace is the most quiet.

Xinmi City

Dahuting Han Tomb About 6 kilometers west of Xinmi City, on the terrace on the south bank of Suishui River. The east and west tombs are side by side, and the tall earthen mounds are connected as if they were earthen mountains. The west tomb is huge, built with masonry, divided into 7 chambers, with a total length of 25.16 meters, a width of 17.28 meters, and a height of 4.88 meters in the middle chamber. There is a sloping tomb passage in the south of the chamber, 25 meters long. The bottom of the tomb is paved with coal, 0.5 meters thick. Inside the tomb, there are rich stone carvings of portraits, and the carvings have a unique style. The front and back sides of the tomb door are carved with patterns consisting of paving head rings and rare birds and exotic animals. The wall is engraved with a large welcome picture. East, south and north of the ear room carved and painted kitchen, cooking, vehicles, gifts, banquets and so on. East tomb and west tomb adjacent to the structure is similar, only slightly smaller form, wall paintings are painted. After the temple Guo 3 Han tombs, 2.5 kilometers northeast of Tahu Ting, tomb structure and mural content and Tahu Ting tomb is basically the same.

War Wei Great Wall 10 kilometers northwest of Xinmi City. From the Xingmi junction of the incense burner mountain, through the candle mountain, Shagang, wind door, five ridge, south to the village of Chaan north, 5.8 kilometers long, the wall base width of 2.5 meters, the highest point of the existing wall is 2.5 meters, as a long and winding dragon across many dangerous mountain passes. The wall is made of green stone, preserved basically intact. After Wei was forced by Qin to move its capital from Anyi (present-day Xia County, Shanxi Province) to Daliang (present-day Kaifeng), in order to defend itself against the invasion of its western neighbor, Qin, in the thirteenth year of the reign of King Xian of the Zhou Dynasty (356 years ago), the city was constructed over 100 kilometers from Yangwu (present-day Yuanyang) on the north of the Yellow River through the western outskirts of Zhengzhou, and then to Xinmi in the south. The Great Wall was abandoned only after Qin unified the six kingdoms. The existing ruins of the Wei Great Wall are the only section protected on the ground.

Zhengzhuang Gong Mound About 1 kilometer east of Wanggang Village, 30 kilometers southeast of Xinmi City. Existing round mound, 10 meters high, circumference of about 125 meters, the tomb was built on the mound. The mound is only 15 kilometers east of the old city of Zheng Han. Duke Zhuang of Zheng (757-701 BC) was the second ruler of the state of Zheng during the Spring and Autumn Period.

The Houshiguo Han Tomb Group is located at Houshiguo Village, northwest of the old city of Xinmi. There are four mounds on the ground, all sitting in the north to the south, the excavation can be seen: the tomb room is a masonry structure, the burial artifacts are very rich, there are stone goat's head, the town of the tomb canisters, colorful painted ceramic warehouse building. The front wall of the tomb is painted with the pattern of "Landlord Collecting Rent". After the Shi Guo Han Tomb unearthed a large number of buried artifacts, for the Tahuting Han Tomb to provide evidence. Mural "landlord rent map", is a rare art treasures, but also the study of the social and economic history of the Han Dynasty important information. The stone "cockfighting" mural in the tomb is the only stone mural painting of the Han Dynasty found in China, which has an important position in the history of art.

Dengfeng City

Songshan Mountain The Songshan Mountain belongs to the Feniu Mountain Range, whose main peak is in the northwestern part of Dengfeng City, and consists of Taigu Mountain and Shaogu Mountain. East and west stretches about more than 60 kilometers. The Eastern Zhou Dynasty began to set Songgao as Zhongyue, after the Five Dynasties called Zhongyue Songshan. With Mount Tai, Mount Hua, Mount Heng, Mount Heng*** called "five mountains". Here the mountains are undulating and the peaks are strange. Standing on top of the peak of the far-reaching view, looking north at the Yellow River, the bright and the line; Bird's-eye view of the foothills, attractions and monuments are scattered. Famous monuments are the Northern Wei Songyue Temple Tower, the Han Dynasty Songshan three que (too room que, less room que, qi mother que), the Yuan Dynasty Stargazer and Shaolin Temple, Zhongyue Temple, will be good temple, the Fawang Temple Tower, Yongtai Temple, the net Tibetan Zen Master Tower, the first ancestor of the nunnery, songyang academy, the stone murmuring river cliff inscription, the Liu Bei Temple stone monument and the eight side of the ancient cultural heritage sites, etc., are all for the tourist attractions.

Shaolin Temple in songshan shaolu mountain northern foothills, under the five milk peak. Built in the Northern Wei Dynasty Taihe nineteen years (495). In the third year of Xiaochang (527), the Indian monk Bodhidharma created Zen Buddhism here, and history calls Dharma as the first ancestor and Shaolin Temple as the ancestral court. In the beginning of Tang Dynasty, Shaolin monks helped Emperor Taizong of Tang Dynasty to open up the country, and since then the monks and disciples often practiced boxing, and Zen Buddhism and Shaolin Boxing were famous and widely spread. Inside the Hall of Thousand Buddhas, there is the famous mural painting of "Five Hundred Lohans Towards Vilu" of the Ming Dynasty, and in the Hall of White Clothes, there are the mural paintings of "Shaolin Boxing" and "Thirteen Monks Rescuing the King of Tang" of the Qing Dynasty.

Shaolin Temple

Mural paintings in the Hall of White Clothes

The Dharma Pavilion is said to be the place where the second ancestor, Huike, waited for Dharma, and the snow was as deep as his knees, so it is also known as the Pavilion of Standing Snow. Pagoda forest in the west of the temple, the northwest of the first ancestor nunnery, Dharma face hole, southwest of the second ancestor nunnery, as well as the nearby Tang Dynasty Falu Pagoda, Tongguang Pagoda, the Fahua Pagoda during the Five Dynasties, Yuan Dynasty, Yuan Gong Pagoda, etc., in the history of architecture have an important position. The temple preserves about 300 items of stone tablets and inscriptions since the Tang Dynasty, among which the Tablet of the Tang King suing the Bishop of Shaolin Temple, as well as the tablets and inscriptions composed and written by Su Shi, Mi Fu, Cai Jing, Zhao Mengfu, Dong Qichang, and Shao Yuan, a Japanese monk, are the most precious.

Ta Lin In songshan shaolin temple xili Xu. For generations of monks graveyard, existing from the Tang Dynasty to the Qing Dynasty more than a thousand years of masonry tomb tower more than 220. A variety of styles, different shapes, is a comprehensive study of China's ancient masonry architecture and sculpture art treasury.

The first ancestor nunnery in songshan shaolin temple northwest of the five milk peak. Existing a hall, two pavilions and a thousand Buddha Pavilion and so on. The hall was built in the Northern Song Dynasty Xuanhe seven years (1125 years), wooden beams, arches are typical of the Song Dynasty style, is the masterpiece of Henan's existing wooden buildings. There is an ancient cypress in the southeast of the main hall, which is said to have been planted by Huineng, the sixth ancestor of Zen Buddhism in the early Tang Dynasty. Nearby, there are more than 40 tablets and stones written by calligraphers such as Huang Tingjian and Cai Bian in praise of the first ancestor Dharma.

The Second Ancestor's Nunnery 4 kilometers southwest of Shaolin Temple on Mt. The Second Ancestor Hui Ke (487-593), a native of Hu Juan (now Xingyang City) in the Northern Wei Dynasty, studied Buddhism with Bodhidharma, broke his arm in the snow, and after receiving the mantle, it is said that he recuperated from his wounds here. His disciples built a nunnery here as a memorial. Inside the nunnery, there are 3 pillars in the main hall and several stone tablets. Four wells in front of the hall, rumored to be Huike Zhuoxi chiseled, the name Zhuoxi spring, although close at hand, but the taste is different. Outside the nunnery there are 3 ancient pagodas, including the Tang Pagoda built in the first year of the Zhou Banzai Dengfeng (696 years) is the most erect and handsome. In the south, there is a magic platform, also known as the platform for searching for the heart, for Hui Ke to pass through the place.

Dharma face hole in the Songshan Shaolin Temple northwest of the five milk peak. It is said to be the place where Dharma has been facing the wall for ten years (one says nine years). Cave profound, about 7 meters deep, 3 meters wide.

Taiguque 500 meters in front of Songshan Zhongyue Temple. It was built in the fifth year of Yuanchu (118) of the Eastern Han Dynasty. Is the Han Dynasty, Tai room in front of the temple of the mountain of Shen Dao Que, and less room Que, Qimu Que and called Zhongyue Han three Que. Taeru Que 3.92 meters high, east and west of the two Que 6.75 meters apart. The body is made of rectangular stone blocks, the upper part of which is carved with huge stones to form the top of the four A. On the south side, there are six seal characters of "Zhongyue Tairo Yangcheng", which are upright and strong. In addition, there are two inscriptions of Han Clerical script and half of Seal Script and half of Clerical script, describing the reason why Lu Chang and others built the que, which is an important object for studying the evolution of Chinese calligraphy. There are more than 50 engraved portraits.

Shaomuro Que In Xingjiapu Village under Shaomuro Mountain of Songshan. It was built between the fifth year of Yuanchu and the second year of Yanguang (118-123) of the Eastern Han Dynasty. On the upper part of the north side of the Shaoru Que, there are six large characters in seal script, "Shaoru Shendao Que", outlined in double lines, while the inscription in clerical script on the south side is mostly peeled off. There are more than 60 existing images on the body of the que. Cuju figure carving vivid, indicating that China as early as the Han Dynasty has been a soccer game.